Celiac Disease Symptoms or
Online Nursing CEUS
• Intolerance to gluten which results in the accumulation of amino acid glutamine, which is toxic to intestinal mucosal cells
• Intestinal villi atrophy occurs, which affects the absorption of nutrients
Assessment of Celiac Disease
– Anorexia, abdominal pain, muscle wasting, vomiting, anemia, irritability
Nursing Care for Celiac Disease
– Diet: BROW-BM should be avoided
– Mineral and vitamin supplementation
– Read all food labels
Foods High in BROW-BM
– Commercially prepared ice cream, malted milk, prepared puddings; grains made into breads, rolls, cookies, cakes, crackers, cereal, spaghetti, macaroni noodles, beer, and ale.
– Anorexia, abdominal pain, muscle wasting, vomiting, anemia, irritability.
nursing concepts related to Celiac Disease Symptoms