Chief Nursing Officer in Selected City Health Departments and Health Offices (Nurse VII)
Qualifications of Chief Nursing Officer (Nurse VII) in Selected City Health Departments and Health Offices as based on the book "Community Health Nursing Services" of the DOH (Philippine Settings):
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing
• Registered Nurse in the Philippines
• Master Degree in Nursing; Major in Community Health Nursing or
• Master Degree in Public Health; Major in Community Health Nursing Administration
• At least five years (5) experience in community health nursing
• Three (3) years of which have been either in supervisory or Assistant Chief Nurse Position, with demonstrated leadership ability.
Functions and Responsibilities
1. Assesses needs for Community Health Nursing Services as part of the total health program
2. Participates in the overall planning of the city health department program with the medical, technical, administrative and other nursing staff
3. Plans, organizes and directs the implementation of Community Health Nursing Services with the Assistant Chief Nurse and District Nurse Supervisors.
4. Supervises and coordinates the activities of the Assistant Chief Nurse, Nurse Supervisors and Nursing Training Staff
5. Evaluates the quality and effectivity of nursing services in relation to the total health program
6. Coordinates Community Health Nursing Services with other health and socio-civic programs/agencies (Government and Non-Government)
7. Acts as a consultant to the City Health Officer and nursing staff on nursing and related matters
8. Plans for and motivates nursing staff to pursue continuing education programs for professional growth and development. Keeps himself/herself abreast on trends and developments on nursing and related fields.
9. Participates in the recruitment, selection of nursing personnel and makes proper recommendations. Chief nursing officer (Nurse VII) recommends deserving and qualified nursing personnel for promotion
10. Initiates, motivates and participates in the conduct of studies/researches to improve effectiveness of nursing services
11. Attends conferences, seminars and updates on nursing, community health and related fields
12. Participates in community outreach programs as needed
13. Provides leadership and encourages development of leadership abilities among nursing personnel
14. Serves as resource speaker/reactor in staff development and other training activities
15. Performs other functions assigned from time to time
You can visit this page for more related positions to
Chief Nursing Officer.
Or go back to homepage for more nursing information:
Online Nursing CEUS
Do you have something to tell us about this topic? Share it!
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...