Muscular Dystrophy Symptoms
Muscular dystrophy symptoms homepage.
What is Muscular Dystrophy?
• it is sex-linked recessive trait
• Late achievement of motor developmental milestones such as sitting, walking, and standing
• At about 3 years of age symptoms become acute and obvious
– Waddling gait
– Gower’s sign
– Difficulty in speaking, swallowing, later on - DOB
– Muscle biopsy
Management of Duchenne’s Muscular Dystrophy
– Encourage ambulation as possible
– ROM (Active or Passive)
– Splinting and Bracing
– Low calorie, high protein, high fiber, high fluid diet
– Death by age 20 due to Congestive Heart Failure and/or Respiratory Failure
Nursing Concepts in this page:
Do you have something to tell us about this topic? Share it!