Supervising Public Health Nurse
Nurse Supervisor at Provincial/City Level
- Requirements in order to be a Nurse Supervisor in Provincial/City Level:
Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Registered Nurse, Master Degree Nursing or Public Health with at least 5 years experiences as Public Health Nurse.
Functions and Responsibilities
• Assesses needs for Community Health Nursing. Services at the provincial/city level
• Participates in the formulation of the provincial/city health plan with the medical, technical and administrative staff
• Develops nursing components of the provincial/city health plan
• Organizes and directs implementation of Community Health Nursing services and other health program
• Supervises, monitors and evaluates implementation of health programs/projects
• Interprets policies, guidelines and standard operating procedures to nursing and midwifery staff of the province/city
• Assesses training needs and plans for staff development program for nursing and midwifery staff
• Conducts training for nursing and midwifery staff and participates in the training and evaluation of other health workers of the province/city
• Establishes linkages with government and non-government organizations for effective health care delivery in Rural Health Units (RHUs)/Health Centers.
• Supervises Public Health Nurses and one or more Midwife Supervisors at the Provincial Office/City Domiciliary Obstetrical Service (DOS)
• Participates in the recruitment and selection of new nursing and midwifery staff
• Collects, consolidates, analyzes and interprets health records and reports and makes recommendation as needed
• Coordinates with Provincial/City Health Officer and Staff as well as the representatives of health and other health related agencies (GOs and NGOs)
• Conducts, participates in studies and researches on nursing and related fields
• Attends meetings, seminars, workshops, conferences and updates on nursing and related fields.
To learn more about the different positions of Public Health Nurse in the Philippines, you can visit pages related to
Nurse Supervisor Positions.
Or go back to homepage for more nursing information:
Online Nursing Classes.
Do you have something to tell us about this topic? Share it!