Nursing Educator or Nursing Instructor II
Nursing Educator or Instructor II Qualifications based on "Community Health Nursing Services" of the DOH.
The Qualifications are:
Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Registered Nurse, with Master Degree in Nursing. Three years experience as a community health nurse. Special training on the functions of the Nurse Instructor.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF NURSING EDUCATOR
• Implements a continuous training program for nurse and midwife graduates and undergraduates level. Plans for the Regional Health Training Center Technical Staff
• Submits required training records and reports• Participates in implementation of training programs
• Participates in planning, developing and evaluating on-the-job training for nurses and midwives conducted by the department
• Attends and participates actively in workshops, institutes, seminars and professional meeting for the improvement of nurses and nursing
• Online nursing classes also determine that nurse instructor II should participates in planning, implementation of staff development program for all categories of public health workers
• Participates in planning, developing and evaluating training programs of other health personnel
• Participates indirectly in the improvement of nursing services
• By indirectly supervising the public health nursing and midwifery staff of he health centers utilized for training
• By analyzing and evaluating the public health nursing service carried out in the community
• By giving recommendations for the improvement of the nursing service during the staff meetings and conferences
• Participates in planning and interpreting training policies, standards and procedures to the national, regional, provincial and city health offices
• Participates with faculty, public health nurse and field instructors in planning a program of experience for students and helps his/her interpret to the service staff of the health center the objectives and program of experience of the students
• Makes available with the help of the service staff, selected field activities needed by students
• Makes available to the faculty public health nurse field instructor, selected families for follow-up
• Guides and/ or arranges with health center staff, the orientation and lectures to students about health center and local health department set-up
• In the absence of the faculty, public health nurse and field instructor, he/she takes responsibility of guiding the students
• Participates with the faculty, public health nurse and field instructor in conducting evaluation procedures to determine student performance and progress
• Confers with faculty, public health nurse and field instructor regarding observations of students performance and attitudes and recommends remedial measures for improvement
• Participates actively with the faculty, public health nurse and field instructor in improving the training of students on methods and content of experience
To learn more about the different positions of Public Health Nurse in the Philippines, you can visit this page related to
Nursing Educator or Instructor II Positions
Or go back to homepage for more nursing information:
Online Nursing Classes.
Do you have something to tell us about this topic? Share it!