Regional Health or Nursing Supervisor - Regional Public Health Nurse (Nurse V)
The qualifications of Regional Health or Nursing Supervisor - Regional Public Health Nurse (Nurse V)are the following:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
- Registered Nurse in the Philippines
- With at least 5 years experience in community health nursing, 2 years of which are in supervisory position.
- With Master Degree in Public Health or Master of Arts in Nursing, major in Community Health Nursing Administration and Supervision.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Administration and Management
Planning and Programming
• Prepares the Regional Nursing Supervisory Plan
• Participates in the preparation of Nursing Service Action Plan
• Ensures effective administration of nursing service in the region
• Serves as Technical Adviser/Consultant to the Regional Director and his/her staff on nursing matters
• Participates in the preparation/revision of nursing manuals standards/procedures/policies of the Department
• Coordinates with the Regional Training Staff regarding training needs of the nursing personnel
• Interprets nursing policies and ensures maintenance of standards in nursing practice in both hospital and public health settings
• Participates in screening and evaluation of nursing personnel for employment and promotion
• Represents nursing in the preparation of the regional budget
• Prepares/consolidates/submits required records and reportsMonitoring and Supervision
• Monitors nursing and other related health activities both hospitals and public health in assigned cities and provinces
• Provides technical guidance, supervision and consultatory services to the Supervising Public Health Nurse at he Provincial Health Office and to the Chief Nurses of City Health Department
• Monitors implementation of programs and projects of the Department of Health/Region
• Participates in the evaluation of nursing activities of assigned provinces and cities
• Participates in the evaluation of programs of the DOH/Region
• Motivates nurses and participates in research activities on nursing and related subjects
• Acts as resource person/speaker to organized groups
• Attends conventions/seminars/workshops/meetings for professional growth and development
To learn more about the different positions of Public Health Nurse in the Philippines, you can visit the pages
related to Regional Health or Nursing Supervisor Position.
Or go back to homepage for more nursing information:
Online Nursing CEUS.
Do you have something to tell us about this topic? Share it!